Monday, July 30, 2007

I'd tell them I was Canadian...

Today, I was walking around near Central Station when I heard a series of loud chants. Naturally, I decided to head toward whatever people were getting worked up about (Swedes don't carry guns like Texans; in fact, pepper spray is illegal).

After I starting shooting the first photos, I found out that the Iraqi national football team won the Asian Cup when they defeated Saudi Arabia 1-0 in the final match. The crowd grew very, very fast because Iraqis were running from all directions to join in the celebration (only one hour elapsed between the first and last photos).

I really enjoyed taking the photos at the end; mostly because people continually asked what newspaper I was working for.

As always, the full-sized photos can be found by clicking on the link to the right and any feedback is appreciated!